Aqualis Offshore offer technical due diligence to owners and financial institutions to assess the project risk prior to the project execution; during the construction phase; prior to consolidation; and prior to the acquisition of an asset.
With our assistance, owners and financial institutions can obtain an objective expert view on the actual project performance or asset value, as an important input to the decision-making process related to loans, consolidation or acquisitions.
With a combination of engineers that have been in charge of engineering from the first concepts to sail-away, yard contract negotiations, the operational phase, yard stays with repairs, upgrades, modifications and special periodic surveys; and mariners that have been in charge of vessels, rig moves, and major marine operations including vessel inspection/survey, Aqualis Offshore is extremely well placed to perform solid, independent technical due diligence.
- Pre- and post- contract reviews
- Payment milestone audits
- Assessment of market demand for a specific vessel or type of vessels
- Yard evaluation and inspection: Competence, capacity, experience, execution, etc.
- Thorough full vessel inspection including hull and drilling/process equipment, cranes, etc.
- Suitability survey, condition survey, assessment of vessel function
- Lifetime extension budget evaluation
- Opine on remaining physical lifetime
- Assessment of owner and project management team: experience, performance, execution
- Evaluation of project plans
- CAPEX budget evaluation
- OPEX budget evaluation
- Design review
- Verification of actual project progress
- Project schedule feasibility
- Identify delay risks and other project risks
- Asset value determination
- Review acceptance criteria and testing regime
The above services are performed for the following vessels:
- Drilling units: Semi-submersibles, jack-ups, drillships and tender barges
- Production units: Ship-shaped, semi-submersibles and jack-ups
- Accommodation units: Semi-submersibles, jack-ups and tender barges
- Offshore service vessels: Anchor handlers, supply vessels, cable layers, crane vessels, liftboats, tugs, etc.
- Other vessels: Shuttle tankers, oil tankers, floating storage units, wind turbine installation vessels, barges, cargo vessels